For In-Service Training or to host an open enrollment event, please contact 866.487.2815.
Type: Open Enrollment
Date: Please call 866.487.2815
Who should attend: Minimum 3yrs. experience recommended
- Instructors & Training Professionals
- Management & Supervisors
- Senior Field Officers
- Mental Health Professionals
Host: Please call for In-service or more information
Enrollment Brochure: Sample Enrollment Form
EQ Tips: White Knuckling
Officer Bruce Fairbanks (Alexandria Police Dept, Louisiana)
EQ Tips: White KnucklingMental exercises you can do the next time you feel distressed.
Officer Bruce Fairbanks (Alexandria Police Dept, Louisiana)Emotional Intelligence Education is offered as a proactive intervention for all new hire and senior officers. For agency or academy EQ training or personal EQ coaching please contact for more information.
There are two competency models outlined in this lesson plan. The Emotional Intelligence (E.I.) competency model and the Mental5 competency model (psychological skills). Both competency models improve rational decision making during emotionally distressed situations common in police work.
A 70% completion on the written test and lab is required for a passing score and certification.
- Emotional Intelligence – Introduction to the science of training the brain featuring the US Department of Defense Braining Training Techniques (Navy Seals Big4).
- Self Awareness & Self Regulation Skill Sets – An officer’s heart rate and breathing patterns are critical indicators of personal stress levels, too much or too little can impact an officer’s state of mind and ability to perform as trained; learn hands on techniques to ensure accurate self-assessment prior to engaging a crisis situation.
- Self-Motivation Skill Sets – Cognitive thinking skills, accessible on demand before the indecent, during the indecent and immediately following the indecent directly impact officer performance and quality of life; develop new strategies to observe and potentially short-circuit distress prior to escalation.
- Social Awareness & Persuasion – New observation strategies based on visual, verbal and vocal channels; learn how to regulate personal channels to improve effective communication and problem solving prior to escalating a situation out of control.
See What Others Are Saying: Officer Feedback
For more information or to enroll by phone please call 866.487.2815. Be sure to ask how to host this course for free at your agency.