Anatomy of The Clutch Workshop
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday March 22nd 2023
Flyer: Onesheet Grand Rapid MIchigan
Bigger Faster Strong
MET Athletic Story
When Good Athletes Choke
Brains and Brawn
Bigger Faster StrongIn the '80s we took the body into the weight room to enhance athletic performance. I was a part of that movement - today, we have the brain in the weight room.
MET Athletic StoryOver the last 30 years - this program, now valid and reliable based on the latest in Sports Psychology and Neurology. Simple models based on complex concepts of cognitive thought patterns and the human stress response system.
When Good Athletes ChokeGrand Rapids MI - Saturday April 1st 2023 (RSVP today, seating is limited). Coaches, Parents and Athletes all look for consistent, sustainable improvement within a young athlete. Statistically speaking less errors in the game and improved levels of optimal performance. This program outlines proven, simple models for young athletes, coaches and parents to begin implementing into daily routines.
Performance AnxietyGrand Rapids MI - Saturday April 1st 2023 (RSVP today, seating is limited). Performance Anxiety is the number one culprit of poor athletic performance - otherwise known as the choke. This courses teaches the anatomy of the clutch with proven, simple models that young athletes can begin applying in daily routines.
Brains and BrawnGrand Rapids MI - Saturday April 1st 2023 (RSVP today, seating is limited). Athletes have finally caught on to the brain / body sync. This work shop teaches simple models for mental and emotional skill development inherent in top athletes. Now we are taking the brain into the weight room.
Here is what you get in this Two (2) hour workshop:
- Mental 5 – Five (5) critical thinking skills & how to develop
- Brain Training Techniques from the Navy Seals (Big4)
- Subject Matter Experts on the emotional brain (Anatomy of the Choke)
- Immediate hands-on/mind-on activities to begin practicing
Benefits to this mental skill based training:
- Performance Improvement strategies directly impacting your game stats
- Corrective Actions to regulating disruptive thoughts and negative emotions
- Rapid Recovery Techniques for optimal performance (The Zone)
- Long term strength and conditioning strategies for health & wellness
Date | Times | Location:
- Date: Saturday, April 1st, 2023
- Time: 9:30 Registration 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown
*This workshop will benefit all sports programs & competitive levels 14-29 years of age.
Testimonial: NCAA Division 2 Athletic Director
“The EQ4 Mental program teaches a young athlete how to focus better, and eliminate the distractions and negative thoughts that affect their actions. I have found myself practicing many of the strategies with good results.
Florida Institute of Technology Former Athletic Director – Mr. Bill Jurgens
Choke Prevention: Understanding the Emotional Brain
Coaches and players at all competitive levels can directly benefit from building their mental and emotional skill sets. By learning to be intelligent (mental skills) about feelings (emotional skills) an athlete directly improves personal performance in the clutch; as well as life and relational benefits off the field. The social competencies of Emotional Intelligence directly impact leadership influence for coaches and team-unity among players.
Only recently have we been able to take the mind into the weight room and begin to understand the complex thoughts and critical thinking skills of top performers. Now, based on modern technology we can teach new skill sets in the clutch while better understanding the “choke”.
EQ4 Athletics: Chatter Introduction with Parrish
Athlete's Brain Documentary
MindSet Emotions Training Program
Promo: More Cameras?
EQ4 Athletics: Chatter Introduction with Parrish"Chatter" is the key for human development. Understanding "chatter" and how to regulate chatter is the key not only to optimal performance, but also a health mental life.
Athlete's Brain DocumentaryHistory Channel (2013) - This documentary is a game-changer in sports and athletics. In the 80's we took the body into the weight room to enhance athletic performance, today we have the brain in the weight room. Listen and understand how important the brain is in every athletic activity. The brain will either help you succeed or the brain will help you fail. Performance Anxiety is the number one culprit for poor athletic performance - what we often call the choke. Game Changer - these skills determine the difference between good, and elite. Learn more about this innovative training program, The M.E.T. (mental and emotional training).
MindSet Emotions Training ProgramDesigner, Instructor and Coach - Parrish Owen Taylor introduces you to the Mental and Emotional Program (M.E.T.) - a skill development strategy for clutch performance under pressure.
MET ProgramYou train the body, now train the mind for emotions.
Mental5 PromoThe heart keeps pumping and the lungs keep breathing - just like your chatter keeps chatting full of distractions.
Promo: More Cameras?More fits of rage or just more cameras capturing the child like behavior
- Athlete’s Skill Assessment: One of the greatest innovations of our decade for recruiting and developing human talent. Utilize this online athlete’s assessment to create a benchmark for the top ten emotional skills required for elite, optimal performance… to include a custom development plan based on the athlete’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Coaching Tracks: Mental and Emotional development programs for coaches to seamlessly incorporate into daily practice activities and drill stations; specifically addressing the habit loop for consistent, sustainable performance within practice and during competitive play.
- Parenting Tracks: Parents of young aspiring athletes have a mental and emotional roll to play in developing a young athlete’s full potential. Now, using state of the art science with proven mental techniques to build the mental and emotional skill sets critical for elite athletic performance.