Human Performance Strategies for Sports & Athletics:
We keep learning new mental & emotional skills simple –
Our instructional design and best practices support the development of two specific innovative competency models – Emotional Quotient and Mental5.
The five (5) core competencies of emotional intelligence are now considered innovative braining training. Our critical-decision making models (proprietary) provide quick, simple and on-demand thought-processes athlete’s can use when feeling the pressure.
Based on a variety of supporting evidence found in the field of Neuroscience and demonstrated by new brain training techniques featured by the US Department of Defense, our MindSet Training System is the new strong for personal performance in the clutch.
Documentaries & Promos:
EQ4 Athletics: Chatter Introduction with Parrish
Athlete's Brain Documentary
MindSet Emotions Training Program
Promo: More Cameras?
EQ4 Athletics: Chatter Introduction with Parrish"Chatter" is the key for human development. Understanding "chatter" and how to regulate chatter is the key not only to optimal performance, but also a health mental life.
Athlete's Brain DocumentaryHistory Channel (2013) - This documentary is a game-changer in sports and athletics. In the 80's we took the body into the weight room to enhance athletic performance, today we have the brain in the weight room. Listen and understand how important the brain is in every athletic activity. The brain will either help you succeed or the brain will help you fail. Performance Anxiety is the number one culprit for poor athletic performance - what we often call the choke. Game Changer - these skills determine the difference between good, and elite. Learn more about this innovative training program, The M.E.T. (mental and emotional training).
MindSet Emotions Training ProgramDesigner, Instructor and Coach - Parrish Owen Taylor introduces you to the Mental and Emotional Program (M.E.T.) - a skill development strategy for clutch performance under pressure.
MET ProgramYou train the body, now train the mind for emotions.
Mental5 PromoThe heart keeps pumping and the lungs keep breathing - just like your chatter keeps chatting full of distractions.
Promo: More Cameras?More fits of rage or just more cameras capturing the child like behavior
Testimonial: NCAA Division 2 Athletic Director
“The MindSet program teaches a young athlete how to focus better, and eliminate the distractions and negative thoughts that affect their actions. I have found myself practicing many of the strategies with good results.
Florida Institute of Technology – Mr. Bill Jurgens
You are 30 minutes away from learning to regulate your chatter – Schedule the Call
Choke Prevention: Understanding the emotional highjack
Coaches and players at all competitive levels can directly benefit from building their mental and emotional skill sets. By learning to be intelligent (mental skills) about feelings (emotional skills) an athlete directly improves personal performance in the clutch; as well as life and relational benefits off the field. The social competencies of Emotional Intelligence directly impact leadership influence for coaches and team-unity among players.
Only recently have we been able to take the mind into the weight room and begin to understand the complex thoughts and critical thinking skills of top performers. Now, based on modern technology we can teach new skill sets in the clutch while better understanding the “choke”.
View Scholarly Articles
Friends of the M.E.T. System:
- Mental5 with Warren Morris (01 Thought Awareness)Check out this learning aide introducing the Mental Skill of Self Awareness to T
- M.E.T. Instructor Parrish TaylorListen as Parrish talks about the program and how to improve sports performance
- Mental5 with Warren Morris (02 Emotional Awareness)
- Mental5 with Warren Morris (03 Word Clusters)What top performing athletes "DO" inside by developing their mental menu list an
- Former Louisiana College QB: Easton MelanconEaston talks about how the MindSet Training has changed his view on self-talk an
- Dr. Garrison on the M.E.T.Mental & Emotional training governs physical performance ... listen as Dr.
- LSU | MLB Retired: Coach JC HoltzLSU Baseball | Retired MLB | HS Coach "I will change the way I coach" List
- Dr. Jeff GarrisonAs a former athlete and now innovator in sports medicine, Dr. Garrison speaks ab
- 5A High School: Coach James HalleHS Coach "An Amazing Transformation" Listen as Coach Halle talks about his
- 01 Impacting Stats: QABCoach Halle talks about how the MET program impacts statistics (both team and in
- 02 Play Off GameCoach Halle talks about how his players overcome adversity on the way to play th
- 03 The BrainCoach Halle talks about how the brain is something most coaches don't train ...
- 04 Cause & EffectCoach Halle talks about the cause and effects from implementing the Mind-Set Tra
- 06 MindSet ResourcesCoach Halle talks about the training and development resources provided in the M
- 07 Athlete EngagementCoach Halle talks about how the training requires personal ownership from the at
- 08 EngagementCoach Halle talks about how the training gets each individual player engaged for
- 09 Halle Hands On ApplicationsCoach Halle talks about how the classroom education and exercises are simple and
- 10 Halle MindSet ReportCoach Halle talks about custom player report- direct feedback from each player r